As 2016 comes quickly to a close and 2017 begins, the team here at Embotics can’t help but reflect on what an amazing, whirlwind of a year it has been for the company! From securing funding and adding notable industry executives to our team to industry accolades and buzzing tradeshows, the team is more than proud of our achievements this past year. Here are some of the highlights:
- Named a 2016 Gartner “Cool Vendor”: In April, Gartner named Embotics a “Cool Vendor” in its Cloud Management Cool Vendors report. We consider this recognition is a testament to our team, which approaches each day with a relentless focus on delivering the industry’s best user experience and customer support for a product that is truly the best on the market.
- Arrowroot Capital Investment: In June, we received a $12.1 million investment from Santa Monica-based growth equity firm Arrowroot Capital. The funds have enabled us to continue driving customer acquisition and expansion through increased investment in sales and marketing initiatives, as well as product development.
- vCommander Industry Recognition: vCommander was the recipient of not one, but two major industry awards including the TechTarget Best of VMworld 2016 Gold Winner in the Workload Management and Migration category, and a Frost & Sullivan Product Leadership Award. Our team strives every day to make vCommander the easiest to deploy and most powerful cloud automation solution on the market, and accolades such as these are great reinforcement that we’ve created a best-in-class solution.
- A New CTO Joined the Squad: In late Q3, we were thrilled to announce that industry veteran Scott Davis joined our team as CTO. In the last three months at Embotics, Scott has already made an incredible impact on the company, driving tech innovation and product strategy for vCommander and quickly building out the Office of the CTO, Embotics’ Advanced Technology Team. Scott spent more than seven years as CTO at VMware and we couldn’t be more thrilled to have him on our side.
- Joint Market Study with 451 Research: In October, Embotics teamed up with 451 Research to explore how enterprises are using and managing cloud infrastructure through a survey of 166 U.S.-based enterprise IT organizations. The report revealed that enterprises are increasingly adopting the cloud, but that a lot of confusion exists due to the complexity of multi-cloud environments. In his analysis of the data, 451 Research Vice President William Fellows predicted that, as businesses continue along the cloud maturity curve, seeking increased efficiency, flexibility, spend and agility, there will be a sharp demand for the cloud automation, self-service and provisioning capabilities vCommander provides.
- Integration with ServiceNow: We also announced a bi-directional integration between Embotics vCommander and the ServiceNow IT Service Management (ITSM) platform to give customers the ability to easily extend their ServiceNow deployments to automate provisioning of any workload, to any cloud, right now. Several customers are already happily taking advantage of the integration, launched in November, and we look forward to an ongoing partnership with ServiceNow.
- Key Tradeshow Success: Our team flew all over the continent this year attending interesting, exciting and crazy busy tradeshows and conferences alongside partners, customers and prospects. Three of our favorite and most successful shows included:
- VMworld, where we took home TechTarget Gold and our EVP of Products, Mark Jamensky, spoke on “5 Myths about Cloud Automation and How to Avoid Them” (check out his event recap here);
- AWS re:Invent, where the themes of giving customers choice and enabling them to focus on core competencies rang throughout the show (read more in our recap here); and
- Cloud Expo Silicon Valley, where Mark held a session on “The Journey to IT Self-Service and Cloud Cost Visibility.”
Needless to say, it’s been quite a year here at Embotics, and we can’t wait to share with our customers, investors, partners and all of our stakeholders what’s in store for the company in 2017.