Container Orchestration QA Engineer
Embotics is a leader in multi-cloud management and automation for workloads running in public, private and hybrid clouds. Our vCommander platform is fast to deploy, easy to use, and platform-neutral, providing single pane of glass resource management, cost control and automation of both on-premise and cloud-hosted workloads. Forrester Wave™ named Embotics a leader in Hybrid Cloud Management.
We are looking to expand our engineering team and aggressively extend the vCommander platform capabilities into areas including cloud native applications and container orchestration. We want an exceptional Container Orchestration QA Engineer to join our growing team. You will be responsible for preventing defects in our software for these strategic growth areas while automating integration testing and contributing to a deployment pipeline that allows for rapid, defect free changes. This unique role will be driving QA and test automation in the rapidly changing Container Orchestration ecosystem.
Why would you want to join our team? We have:
- A platform neutral container orchestration and Cloud management solution
- An awesome Agile team of software developers and testers
- A culture of fun that encourages interaction, team work, and learning
- A dynamic environment open to great ideas
- The opportunity to work with the latest technologies in container orchestration and cloud computing
- Design, development, and execution of automated/manual tests and mechanisms for Kubernetes integrations. This will include validation of both new features/functions as well as third party platforms.
- Design, development, and execution of automated tests for vCommander container and Microservices-based functionality
- Work closely with Container Orchestration team to improve product quality
- Communicate effectively with product owners
- Conduct integration testing to prevent any defects
- Develop test-cases and test plans to verify software requirements and usability
- Perform black-box and white-box testing
- Execute test-cases and create defect reports
- Provide leadership in all aspects of testing
- A proven history of qualifying and validating customer impacting features in an agile environment
- Experience with test automation, software testing, and test design
- Expertise in QA tools and techniques, bug tracking systems, test case design and automation, agile
- Experience working with DevOps tools and methodologies in developing services and applications
- Development framework, systems analysis and design, test planning, automated quality management, release management
- Experience working with version control systems like Git
- Experience with some of the following Cloud related skills would be an asset:
- Automation, deployment, and configuration of IT services across private and public clouds
- Working knowledge of virtualization, containers, and datacenter products
- VMware vCenter/ESXi, AWS, Azure, Google Cloud
- Experience with some of the following Containers related skills would be an asset:
- Container Orchestration (Kubernetes) and Containers (Docker, Rkt, Containerd)
- AKS, EKS, GKE, OpenShift, PKS, Rancher
- Microservices design methodology
- IP networking, Container networking (CNI)
- Container storage solutions
Embotics® vCommander™ Cloud Management Software, is a Cloud Management Platform (CMP) that empowers businesses to leverage a comprehensive set of multi-hypervisor virtualization and cloud management capabilities. Embotics vCommander is an easy-to-use, platform-neutral CMP with the fastest time-to-value in the industry—it can be implemented within one hour. It allows IT organizations to deliver IT-as-a-Service (ITaaS) from a single console while continuously monitoring resources to optimize the automation, deployment, and configuration of IT services across private, public and hybrid clouds.
After more than 10 years in business and hundreds of deployments across a wide range of enterprises and service providers, Embotics’ patented software has proven itself to be stable, scalable and mature—it enables a pragmatic approach to cloud computing that delivers an immediate ROI.
Embotics is headquartered in Ottawa, Canada, with offices in the US and a growing network of global partners.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Embotics Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations will be provided at all stages of the hiring process; we ask applicants to make their needs known in advance.