Intermediate API Developer
Embotics® is a leader in multi-cloud management for workloads running in public, private and hybrid clouds. Our cloud management platform is fast to deploy, easy to use, and platform-neutral, providing single pane of glass resource management, cost control, automated provisioning, and cloud governance for both on-premise and cloud-hosted workloads. Embotics is an established and acclaimed vendor, having won best of show awards at VMworld and been named a 2019 Gartner Magic Quadrant Leader for Cloud Management Platforms.
We’re looking for an Intermediate API Developer to join our growing Development team. The ideal candidate will have great opportunity for growth, and the chance to work with the latest cloud technologies! This position is based out of Ottawa, ON.
Embotics vCommander™ has a robust, scalable REST API that customers use to integrate the product into a wider ecosystem. Our QA automation team has used the REST API to build an extensive suite of system tests that reduce manual regression effort. The API priorities are driven by both of these use cases, and the primary focus of this role is to extend the API to enable both customers and automation.
The ideal candidate will have a track record of implementing publicly available REST APIs. Experience designing and implementing automated tests is a significant asset.
Why would you want to join our team? We have:
- An easy-to-use, vendor-neutral Cloud Management Platform
- An awesome Agile team of software developers and testers
- A culture of fun that encourages interaction, team work, and learning
- A dynamic environment open to great ideas
- The opportunity to work with the latest technologies in virtualization, cloud computing, and containers
- Enhance and extend vCommander’s public REST API
- Work closely with our test automation team to define requirements as they automate product testing using the REST API
- Work in teams and individually to implement product functionality and resolve defects
- Participate in story estimation and iteration planning
- Help to continually refine our agile development process
- Find simple ways to solve complex problems that provide high customer value
- A proven history of delivering customer impacting features in an agile environment
- Experience building modern Java-based web applications
- Experience building customer facing RESTful web services
- Experience with the following would be considered an asset:
- Swagger and OpenAPI
- REST based test automation
- Microservices architecture
- DevOps methodology
- Public cloud (AWS, Azure, Google)
- Virtualization (VMware, OpenStack, Microsoft Hyper-V)
- A great balance of confidence and humbleness
- Argue like you’re right and listen like you’re not
- Craves openness and feedback
- A self-starter who thrives in a self-organizing team
- Seeks out area of improvement and contribute to growth of the team
- A willingness to express opinions, make mistakes, and learn quickly
Embotics vCommander Hybrid Cloud Management platform is built from the ground up on a common architecture to deliver an all-in-one solution that supports multiple hypervisors and multiple clouds. Its flagship product, Embotics vCommander, is used by organizations including Nordstrom, NASA, Informatica, HBO, NTT Data, and more.
After more than 10 years in business and hundreds of deployments across a wide range of enterprises and service providers, Embotics’ patented software has proven itself to be stable, scalable and mature—it enables a pragmatic approach to cloud computing that delivers an immediate ROI.
Embotics is headquartered in Ottawa, Canada, with offices in the US and a growing network of global partners.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Embotics Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations will be provided at all stages of the hiring process; we ask applicants to make their needs known in advance.