Quality Assurance Analyst
Embotics® is a leader in multi-cloud management for workloads running in public, private and hybrid clouds. Our cloud management platform is fast to deploy, easy to use, and platform-neutral, providing single pane of glass resource management, cost control, automated provisioning, and cloud governance for both on-premise and cloud-hosted workloads. Embotics is an established and acclaimed vendor, having won best of show awards at VMworld and been named a 2019 Gartner Magic Quadrant Leader for Cloud Management Platforms.
Embotics has an amazing team who are currently building and selling the world’s best hybrid cloud automation platform. We’re looking for an exceptional Intermediate QA Analyst to join our growing Development team.
Why would you want to join our team? We have:
- An easy-to-use, vendor-neutral Cloud Management Platform
- An awesome Agile team of software developers and testers
- A culture of fun that encourages interaction, team work, and learning
- A dynamic environment open to great ideas
- The opportunity to work with the latest technologies in virtualization, cloud computing, and containers
- Review software requirements and participate in review meetings
- Develop a technical understanding of software features and how these will be used by end users
- Provide feedback to engineering on suitability of functionality to customers and end-users
- Consider user errors and error paths; exercise software in unexpected ways to try and break it
- Develop test-cases and test plans to verify software requirements and usability
- Develop and execute manual and automated test-cases; attention to detail is imperative
- Develop scripts (Powershell/Java) as required to verify functionality
- Document software defects, and provide sufficient details (logs, screenshots, steps)
- Analyze and troubleshoot software defects
- Verify software fixes
- Setup virtual test environments, and integrate with 3rd party applications
- Work closely with test team and development teams to improve product quality
- Manage and prioritize tasks to ensure project completion
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic and collaborative team environment
- Strong organizational, analytical, multi-tasking, problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to quickly learn and apply new concepts, technologies, and solutions
- Exceptionally self-motivated, self-directed, and detail-oriented
- At least 5 years of Software Testing experience
- Creativity in devising ways to break software to expose failures during the test cycles
- Knowledge of software testing, test automation, and test design
- Testing in a lean, agile close-knit team environment
- Testing web applications
- Experience with the following would definitely be an asset:
- Familiar with REST API testing
- Automation, deployment, and configuration of IT services across private and public clouds
- Public cloud (AWS, Azure, Google)
- Virtualization (VMware, Hyper-V)
- Working knowledge of virtualization, public and private clouds, datacenter products
- Powershell scripting, Jenkins, Eclipse, Java, Selenium
- Working knowledge or experience with Microservices application architecture, Container frameworks and/or DevOps CI/CD Pipelines
Embotics vCommander Hybrid Cloud Management platform is built from the ground up on a common architecture to deliver an all-in-one solution that supports multiple hypervisors and multiple clouds. Its flagship product, Embotics vCommander, is used by organizations including Nordstrom, NASA, Informatica, HBO, NTT Data, and more.
After more than 10 years in business and hundreds of deployments across a wide range of enterprises and service providers, Embotics’ patented software has proven itself to be stable, scalable and mature—it enables a pragmatic approach to cloud computing that delivers an immediate ROI.
Embotics is headquartered in Ottawa, Canada, with offices in the US and a growing network of global partners.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Embotics Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations will be provided at all stages of the hiring process; we ask applicants to make their needs known in advance.