Embotics® is a leader in multi-cloud management for workloads running in public, private and hybrid clouds. Our cloud management platform is fast to deploy, easy to use, and platform-neutral, providing single pane of glass resource management, cost control, automated provisioning, and cloud governance for both on-premise and cloud-hosted workloads. Embotics is an established and acclaimed vendor, having won best of show awards at VMworld and been named a 2019 Gartner Magic Quadrant Leader for Cloud Management Platforms.
We are looking to expand our engineering team and aggressively broaden the vCommander platform capabilities into additional leading-edge cloud computing technology areas and are looking for an exceptional Software Engineer to join our development team. This position is based out of Ottawa, ON.
Why would you want to join our team? We have:
- An easy-to-use, vendor-neutral Cloud Management Platform
- An awesome Agile team of software developers and testers
- A culture of fun that encourages interaction, team work, and learning
- A dynamic environment open to great ideas
- The opportunity to work with the latest technologies in virtualization, cloud computing, and containers
- Build high impact, customer facing features
- Participate in requirements analysis and feature definition
- Contribute to system architecture design
- Work in teams and individually to implement product functionality – design, code, unit test, integration tests
- Participate in story estimation and iteration planning
- Find simple ways to solve complex problems that provide high customer value
- Help to continually refine our agile development process
- Diagnose and find resolutions/workaround for customer issues discovered in the field
- A proven history of delivering customer impacting features in an agile environment
- Experience building modern Java-based web applications
- Experience with some of the following would definitely be an asset:
- Building modern web applications: Angular, Atmosphere, PrimeFaces, Bootstrap, jQuery
- Public cloud (AWS, Azure, Google)
- Virtualization (VMware, Microsoft Hyper-V)
- Containers (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Hibernate (O/R mapping)
- Spring (dependency injection, AOP)
- RESTful web services
- Building DevOps tools or workflows
- Microservices design methodology
- IP networking, SDN (NSX), Container networking (CNI)
- PaaS (CloudFoundry, AWS)
- A great balance of confidence and humbleness
- Argue like you’re right and listen like you’re not
- Craves openness and feedback
- A self-starter who thrives in a self-organizing team
- Seeks out area of improvement and contribute to growth of the team
- A willingness to express opinions, make mistakes, and learn quickly
Embotics vCommander Hybrid Cloud Management platform is built from the ground up on a common architecture to deliver an all-in-one solution that supports multiple hypervisors and multiple clouds. Its flagship product, Embotics vCommander, is used by organizations including Nordstrom, NASA, Informatica, HBO, NTT Data, and more.
After more than 10 years in business and hundreds of deployments across a wide range of enterprises and service providers, Embotics’ patented software has proven itself to be stable, scalable and mature—it enables a pragmatic approach to cloud computing that delivers an immediate ROI.
Embotics is headquartered in Ottawa, Canada, with offices in the US and a growing network of global partners.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Embotics Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations will be provided at all stages of the hiring process; we ask applicants to make their needs known in advance.