Embotics® is a leader in multi-cloud management for workloads running in public, private and hybrid clouds. Our cloud management platform is fast to deploy, easy to use, and platform-neutral, providing single pane of glass resource management, cost control, automated provisioning, and cloud governance for both on-premise and cloud-hosted workloads. Embotics is an established and acclaimed vendor, having won best of show awards at VMworld and been named a 2019 Gartner Magic Quadrant Leader for Cloud Management Platforms.
We’re looking for an exceptional IT Manager to be the face of IT and work with stakeholders at all levels. Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, managing all corporate infrastructure.
- Communicate effectively with others both on a technical level and on a business level
- Contribute to short/long term IT technology roadmaps in accordance with corporate objectives
- Maintain a hybrid IT environment of on-premise resources as well as hosted services
- Administration of internal corporate and public cloud engineering infrastructure
- Manage monthly IT expenditures, looking for anomalies and justification.
- Administration and maintenance of both Windows and Mac based endpoints
- Support local and remote users in person, by telephone, and by remote control
- Identify and manage scope concerns, risks and issues
- Understand and evaluate critical issues, system failures and requirements; identify root cause and workarounds, and manage own time and priorities
- Independently search for issue work-around/resolution
- Configure services to be consumed by various users, including network services and collaboration solutions
- Maintain site documentation (seating, network/IP, equipment, etc.)
- Manage access and security
- Occasional after-hours work
- Manage existing IT staff
- Post-secondary degree, or diploma in computer science or other IT related discipline
- 10+ years of experience performing IT and/or data center administration
- Strong knowledge of Active Directory Federated Services
- Advanced level understanding of server performance and server CPU/memory capacity topics. Operating system and server architecture knowledge of VMware, Linux and Windows systems
- Windows, Mac, and Linux administration
- Strong knowledge of firewalls, VPN, BGP
- Server/hardware deployment, and data and telecommunications wiring
- Knowledge of Microsoft Clustering Services
- Knowledge of disaster recovery and backup systems
- Knowledge of ITIL processes and procedures
- Experience with incident management and service desk/ticketing tools
- Some telephony knowledge (Mitel)
- Working knowledge of at least one of the following: AWS, Azure, GCP
- One or more certifications: VMware, Cisco, Microsoft, AWS, Azure
- Experience with any of the following would also be an asset:
- IT automation and workflow orchestration systems
- Scripting (PowerShell, Python, Java etc.)
- KVM, Hyper-V, Kubernetes
- Chef/Puppet configuration management
- Experience with SNMP/Nagios based Monitoring
- Customer focused, independent, self-motivated and well organized
- A self-starter who thrives in a self-organizing team
- Stays calm under pressure, excellent communication skills
- Self-aware of his/her own limits
- Communicative and careful, able to lead meetings
- A willingness to express opinions, make mistakes, and learn quickly
Embotics vCommander Hybrid Cloud Management platform is built from the ground up on a common architecture to deliver an all-in-one solution that supports multiple hypervisors and multiple clouds. Its flagship product, Embotics vCommander, is used by organizations including Nordstrom, NASA, Informatica, HBO, NTT Data, and more.
After more than 10 years in business and hundreds of deployments across a wide range of enterprises and service providers, Embotics’ patented software has proven itself to be stable, scalable and mature—it enables a pragmatic approach to cloud computing that delivers an immediate ROI.
Embotics is headquartered in Ottawa, Canada, with offices in the US and a growing network of global partners.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Embotics Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations will be provided at all stages of the hiring process; we ask applicants to make their needs known in advance.