Technical Applications Specialist
Embotics® is a leader in multi-cloud management for workloads running in public, private and hybrid clouds. Our cloud management platform is fast to deploy, easy to use, and platform-neutral, providing single pane of glass resource management, cost control, automated provisioning, and cloud governance for both on-premise and cloud-hosted workloads. Embotics is an established and acclaimed vendor, having won best of show awards at VMworld and been named a 2019 Gartner Magic Quadrant Leader for Cloud Management Platforms.
Our ideal candidate has experience working in a Data Centre, exposure to DevOps and Database Administration. The successful candidate will provide top-notch service to our ever-expanding customer base. We take pride in delivering quality support to our customers and strongly believe this can be a strategic differentiator that helps win business.
In this role, you will engage with a wide range of our customers IT Administrators and support the initiatives of our sales team and partners throughout North America.
Our fast-paced development cycle requires you to have the ability to continuously learn new features and technologies, while handling a case load with minimal supervision.
- Effective and efficient English communication skills, both written and verbal
- Provide support and guidance for technically proficient customers managing complex public and private cloud infrastructures
- Ability to work independently or with your teammates to resolve customer issues
- Communicating customer issues to our engineering team and tracking them to resolution
- Providing guidance and recommendations on processes and techniques to automate and orchestrate client environments
- Self-starter, capable of independent learning
- Configuring, deploying and troubleshooting IP networks, virtual infrastructures, cloud based resources and related technologies
- Creation and maintenance of accurate and timely records of all customer communications,
- Creation and maintenance of knowledge base articles and technical documentation.
- Customer onboarding, training and skills transfer
- Participate in after hours, on call rotation
- Engineering \ IT Degree or Diploma with relevant experience
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a technical support role.
- Experience with either private cloud or public cloud implementations, such as VMware vCenter, AWS, Azure
- A strong foundation of network skills with understanding of ports, protocols, routing and switching in both physical and virtual environments
- A solid understanding of foundational IT activities including Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, LDAP setup, configuration and troubleshooting
- Experience using Microsoft SQL (running queries, performing backup and restores)
- Familiarity with the use of public cloud resources, specifically Amazon & Azure
- Installing, customizing and configuring operating systems (Windows & Linux servers)
- Ability to work effectively with frequent interruptions, changing priorities
- Exemplary customer service and communications skills
The following skills will be considered an asset:
- Experience working in a corporate datacenter
- Understanding of API integrations
- Scripting experience in any language with a preference for PowerShell
- Experience with Microsoft SCVMM, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Oracle Cloud, KVM
- Understanding / experience in DevOps environments
- Technical writing/documentation experience
- Comfortable with public speaking/leading group sessions
- A healthy balance of confidence and humbleness
- A heightened sense of responsibility
- A self-starter who thrives in a self-organizing team
- Able to argue like you're right and listen like you're not
- An instinctive understanding of what is sufficient and what is too much
- Comfortable with dynamic roles and relationships
- Craves openness and feedback
- Dislikes working in isolation
- Seeks out areas of improvement and contributes to the team’s growth
- Willing to express opinions, make mistakes, and learn quickly
Embotics vCommander Hybrid Cloud Management platform is built from the ground up on a common architecture to deliver an all-in-one solution that supports multiple hypervisors and multiple clouds. Its flagship product, Embotics vCommander, is used by organizations including Nordstrom, NASA, Informatica, HBO, NTT Data, and more.
After more than 10 years in business and hundreds of deployments across a wide range of enterprises and service providers, Embotics’ patented software has proven itself to be stable, scalable and mature—it enables a pragmatic approach to cloud computing that delivers an immediate ROI.
Embotics is headquartered in Ottawa, Canada, with offices in the US and a growing network of global partners.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Embotics Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations will be provided at all stages of the hiring process; we ask applicants to make their needs known in advance.