vCommander 7 delivers pipeline orchestration by providing modular re-usable building blocks for integrations with popular DevOps tools such as Terraform, Jenkins, Git, Chef, and Puppet. These integrations are bi-directional, meaning the tool can call vCommander and use it to perform automation operations or vCommander workflows can call the external tool to perform work on its behalf.
The combination of vCommander’s orchestration engine and rich service blueprint capabilities allows you to model any kind of release process for any kind of software, from application code to infrastructure-as-code. The modelled applications can range from simple, single node, on-premises to complex, multi-tiered, cloud-based and micro-service container-based applications.
vCommander Workflow Status
vCommander Workflow Status; Failed
True "Shift-Left" Development and Continuous QA
vCommander 7 also enables true “shift-left” development and continuous QA, allowing you to find your defects during development, not once the code has been deployed to production. Perform your tests against every change, so failures can be resolved quickly instead of waiting for irregular integration points at which point the developers have moved on to other tasks and no longer have the context of the change. Test with real data so your schema changes do not require a roll-back once they are applied to production tables. Using environments that mirror production instead of just being production-like allow you to uncover potential performance issues long before they incur outages.
Cloud Direct and Cloud Brokered Consumption
vCommander also works in both Cloud Direct and Cloud Brokered consumption models, preserving overall corporate agility, and giving you the freedom to make use of CMP capabilities such as policy-driven security and compliance checks even when aspects of your DevOps pipeline are directly consuming resources with cloud-native APIs.
vCommander 7 provides:
- More reliable application deployments, by tracking artifacts and automating deployment configurations to ensure correct versions are used across all stages of the development lifecycle.
- The ability to seamlessly integrate with your ecosystem, and integrate pipeline automation and governance with your existing toolchain leveraging many out-of-the-box integrations.
- An increased speed of application delivery while simultaneously ensuring high product quality.
- CI/CD pipelines triggered from every code commit.
- Integration with test execution frameworks and data management tools.